This guide covers the basics of translating the template.
Setting up WordPress for translation
This step is only for people who downloaded the original English version from WordPress.org and despite that wish to use the template in other language.
To enable WordPress to load template language file:-
- Using your favorite text editor open file wp-config.php from your WordPress directory
- Locate the line: define (‘WPLANG’, ”);
- In the second quotes (next to WPLANG) please type in your language code ie. for Polish pl_PL, for Deutsch de_DE, for Italiano it_IT etc.
- Final result of line should look like: define (‘WPLANG’, ‘pl_PL’);
- Save the file
Translating the template
- Download the .pot file editor such as POedit (multi-platform)
- Open the editor and choose New Catalog from POT File
- Open the template_name.pot file from the template directory (http://www.yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/template_name/)
- Click on a single phrase or sentence and type in your translation in the bottom of the POedit window
- Save the file using Save As and as a filename use your country and language code ie. for Polish pl_PL, for Deutsch de_DE, for Italiano it_IT etc.
Installing downloaded translation file for template
- Please check if your WordPress is set up to use the translation (see above)
- Copy your downloaded .mo translation file to the template directory (http://www.yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/template_name/)
Sharing your translation with RocketTheme
- After translating your .po file POedit also creates the .mo file which contains your encrypted translation
- Just send us your country_code.mo (depending on what language is your translation) file located in (http://www.yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/template_name/) and tell us for what country and what language is your translation