Better computers on-a-budget are a reality for Calgary business. Getting more distance out of each dollar is a particular focus for all of us. Here are some recommendation on how to do that.
- Buy commercial grade desktop and laptop computers. These computers cost significantly more but its not because of bigger margins for resellers. These units have better components that lead to significantly less problems and lower support costs when there is a problem. Look for brands like HP, Lenovo and Dell but stay away from their consumer lines
- Consider Refubished to save money. Government and larger business turn over their computers every couple years. They still have lots of life in them. You can get these computers at 50% of a brand new equivilent and their still much faster and more reliable than consumer grade computers.
Minimum Suggested Requirements
- Here is what I think you should set for a minimum computer specs for business:
- – 6th generation i5 Processor (Current generation is 9)
- – 240G SSD storage drive
- – 16GB memory
- – Commercial grade line from a common brand (HP, Lenovo, Dell, etc)
- – Windows 10 Pro
- – Notebook computers should have numeric keypad
Alternatively delay the purchase and make small investment into your current computers. Upgrading memory and installing a SSD storage drive in your computer. will significantly increase the speed and life of your computer.
HELIA does have access to refurbished commercial grade computers as will your current IT support people. If you looking for cost savings, contact your current tech pro or reach out to HELIA.